I am so stinkin obsessed with chalkboards and chalkboard paint.
Every time I think I have enough, I stumble upon another amazing project idea or inspiration piece. I love the DIY variety, I love sharing meaningful quotes, I love upcycling, and I LOVE practicing my chalk lettering skills.
For this little project, I whipped up a batch of chalkboard paint using a hot pink bottle of craft paint. I do have a chalkboard paint recipe which I kinda go by, but this time I just eyeballed it.
old picture frame including glass
1 bottle acrylic craft paint for your chalkboard-try a fun new color!
paint for your frame
white unsanded grout - from your home improvement store
foam roller and roller tray
1. dump the whole small craft paint bottle into a small roller tray
2. add 2 TBSP Unsanded Grout
3. mix it well until smooth and rolled it onto my picture frame glass.
It took 3 coats, which I let dry for about 1 hour in between each layer.
4. in between the chalkboard painting, paint your frame. Mine took 3 coats.
5. let your chalkboard cure for 2-3 days before starting to write on it. Then prep the entire piece-cover it in chalk, wipe it off, and you are ready to roll!
***your chalkboard paint mixture will get very thick and goopy within a day. So, keep it tightly sealed and try to finish up in 1 day. Or else you will be like me and end up with a big pile of sludge...don't say I didn't warn you!
This Audrey Hepburn quote is so sweet and so true. When you are happy and feeling good you have a glow and that happiness just oozes out. This is something I want my daughter to remember! I have a pinterest board full of my favorite quotes, what are yours?
I would love for you to follow along! Subscribe via bloglovin, e-mail or rss feed in a reader. I also post on Twitter and Facebook almost every day. And did I mention my Pinterest addiction....