Now I know I am the one who made this...and quite frankly I am shocked...but it is seriously the best gluten free anything I have ever eaten anywhere. Seriously! I have made 12 loaves over the past few weeks and it is a winner every time.
Moist, light and fluffy. I have fed it to a lot of people and no one can believe it is gluten, dairy, and nut free. I have to say, the gluten free flour blend is key to your success in gluten free baking. I recently started using this one from Bob's Red Mill and I am hooked! I also made my world famous sugar cookies with it and they were astoundingly delicious. I just can't wait for Christmas cookie season!
I adapted my recipe from this one and only changed it a little bit. I used essential oils in my recipe but have the option for the usual spices as well. I only use Young Living essential oils and they are THE ONLY ONES I suggest for ingesting. Find out about how I chose Young Living here.
I sprinkled tamari roasted pumpkin seeds on top of this loaf. I am making a more dessert style today and dusted the loaves with brown sugar before cooking. Then I made a simple cinnamon cream cheese frosting to top it off.
- 8 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 15 ounces of pumpkin puree (1 can)
- 1 cup light olive oil
- 3 cups gluten free flour (Bob's Red Mill 1 for 1 Baking Flour)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ESSENTIAL OILS OR SPICES
- 4 drops Cinnamon Young Living essential oil
- 2 drops Clove Young Living essential oil
- 2 drops Cardamom Young Living essential oil
- 2 drops Nutmeg Young Living essential oil
- 1 drop Ginger Young Living essential oil
- OR USE THESES SPICES
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon Allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 block cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 drops cinnamon
- pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 350
- Coat three loaf pans with olive oil to prevent sticking
- Blend eggs, vanilla and sugars with a mixer
- Add oil, pumpkin, and essential oils if using and blend well
- Add all of the dry ingredients and spices if using and blend well
- Divide batter among the three loaf pans and top with pumpkin seeds if not using frosting
- Bake for approximately 60 minutes
- For Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Cream the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and cinnamon with a mixer.
- Spread on top of cooled loaves.and top with pumpkin seeds
Do you have any tried and true allergen free baking recipes? I am ALWAYS looking for treats that everyone can safely enjoy!