Santa's Snack Mix
- 8-10 cups Popped popcorn
- 2-3 cups Holiday shaped pretzels
- 1 cup red and green Holiday sprinkles
- 1 package DOVE® Dark Chocolate candies
- 2 cups Peanuts
- 3/4 c. Corn syrup
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 c. Sugar
- 1/2 c. Butter (1 stick)
- 1 package M&M'S® Holiday Baking Mini's and/or M&M'S® Holiday Mint candies
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. In a bowl combine the popcorn, pretzels, and peanuts. Set aside.
3. In a small saucepan, melt butter, vanilla, sugar, and corn syrup over low heat until melted and smooth, stirring constantly.
4. Pour over the ingredients in the bowl. Toss until all covered.
5. Spread the popcorn mix on a baking tray or cake pan (may want to use two pans). Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with 1/2 cup Holiday sprinkles, stir. Sprinkle with M&M'S ® candies, stir again.
6. Place DOVE® chocolates in a small microwave safe bowl. Heat for 30 seconds and stir. Repeat until melted and smooth. Drizzle over the popcorn. Sprinkle with remaining sprinkles. Let cool approximately 10-20 minutes (may put in refrigerator so chocolate hardens more quickly. Once cool, break into chunks.
Tip: Store in a perfectly sized GLAD® storage container for up to 7 days.
The kids went crazy when they came home from school to find a big snack bowl for them too. My husband took the smaller Glad containers to work and shared with everyone in his office. A fun Tuesday morngning treat!
I still had more of these amazing M&M’S® White Chocolate Peppermint candies and dug into my pantry to find another way to use them. I decided to make peppermint bark with the M&M’S® White Chocolate Peppermint candies on top and it worked out beautifully!
Extra Pepperminty Peppermint Bark
- 1 bag semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 bag milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 bag M&M’S® White Chocolate Peppermint
- 6 drops peppermint extract ( or more to taste)
1. Melt both bags of chocolate in a saucepan over low heat stirring constantly.
2. Por melted chocolate into a wax paper lined pan or baking dish
3. Place the M&M’S® White Chocolate Peppermint candies into the soft chocolate
4. Place in refrigerator to harden
5. When cool and hard, lift wax paper and chocolate out of the pan. cut or break into bite sized pieces.
6. Store in Glad containers in a cool place
Yeah, the kids were pretty excited about those too. I took mine to my book club, but left a bit for them to have a treat after dinner!
There are so many different sized Glad Holiday Edition containers, available at Target, for you to give thoughtful and tasty treats this holiday season. There are even some large enough for a whole meal. So let your creativity go wild and bring a homecooked smile to someone's face with a thoughtful surprise. Head over to find the recipes and containers available at Target!