And we have a winner folks!
These pancakes are so delicious, while still being healthy and full of good real ingredients that you can pronounce! My son detests cottage cheese and I really went out on a limb letting him help me make them and see what went into my food processor.
He was a total trooper though and was the first person to dive in! Now, it is his new favorite breakfast. I doubled the recipe and have extras in the fridge for busy weekday mornings. I wrapped them in foil and reheated them in my toaster oven.
This recipe is so easy becasue you just dump everything into a blender or food processor to mix and then cook them up just like regular pancakes! Be sure to cook them on medium low and be careful when flipping them, they are delicate. They will not be super thick, but they willl be delicious. My kids like to roll them up and dip them in maple syrup.
These pancakes remind of french toast and are a perfect breakfast for the whole family. Delicious with almond butter and fruit too! You could add a banana to the mix and that was fabulous as well.
- 1 Cup Oats
- 1 Cup Cottage Cheese
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tablespoons Baking Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- 3 Drops Young Living Cinnamon Essential Oil or 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 3 Eggs
- Heat up a frying pan or electric skillet to Medium-Low
- Put everything into your blender or food processor and mix until smooth and blended
- Pour small amounts into your skillet and cook slowly over low medium heat (I set my electric skillet to 325)
- When bubbles form on top, flip over. Flip carefully, these will be thin and delicate. They taste like French Toast, but look like pancakes.
- Top with butter, maple syrup, fruit, or almond butter, all the usual pancake toppings!
We are cutting back on refined sugar, processed food, and gluten. I was happy to find a recipe that keeps everyone happy and full for a productive day!