4 Easy DIY Spice Blends

4 Easy DIY Spice Blends from Too Much Time On My Hands 2 copy

So, I turn 40 this September and I gotta say, my body has been pretty easy on me thus far. I haven't had to work out like a maniac or follow a rigid diet to stay thin and feel good.

HOWEVER,

Times are a changing. I ache...like all the time and for no good reason. My clothing just isn't fitting and the biggest of my pants are now snug. Apparently, I finally need to get off my but and take an active role in my health.

Yesterday, there was a killer Living Social deal for a yoga package in Denver. Many of my friends do yoga and my good friend Amy is even an instructor and I have been promising to begin for like 2 years, well, here we go!

Now, I need to address the topic of food. I love to cook, so this is really a fun challenge for myself. I am trying to limit the meat intake and slim down some of my go to meals. I always try to keep processed food and chemicals to a minimum, so here is my take on some go to spice blends to make dinner prep on busy weeknights a breeze.

My suggestion is choose a time when you have like an hour and bust out all of the spices and whip up great big batches of all 4. It really was a bit of a mess and I sure don't want to tear apart my spice cabinet like this all time! So have a big Spice Blend Party and get yourself set up for a few months. You will need to adjust according to your salt, garlic, and spice preferences, but these are all pretty tame and a good place to start!

4 Easy DIY Spice Blends from Too Much Time On My Hands copy

DIY Taco Seasoning Recipe

4 Easy DIY Spice Blends from Too Much Time On My Hands 1 copy

DIY Chili Seasoning Recipe

4 Easy DIY Spice Blends from Too Much Time On My Hands Jerk Seasoning copy

DIY Jerk Seasoning Recipe copy

4 Easy DIY Spice Blends from Too Much Time On My Hands Cajun Seasoning copy

DIY Cajun Seasoning Recipe

I am so glad I can share my journey towards being more healthy with all of you!

Sig2

Comments

1. Jayne says:

Love this spice recipes, so much healthier than a processed mix, thank you!

2. danielle says:

Can’t wait to make them all – thank you for this!

3. Kristen says:

Love this. Thanks for sharing!

4. What a great post with some great recipes! Definitely going to jot them down and try them out!! Thanks!

5. Leisa says:

These are awesome! Thank you so much for sharing your spice blend recipes–I always keep meaning to make up blends, but never get around to it. Today is the day :-)

6. Emily says:

Thanks so much for sharing! I never buy pre-mixed spice blends (they always seem to have scary ,unpronounceable ingredients), but so far I’ve only managed to come up with my own spice blend for chili. Can’t wait to try all of these out!

7. Megan says:

I love making my own spice blends! Can’t wait to give these a try! I think they always taste so much better than the pre-packaged ones anyway! Thanks for sharing!!

8. I love homemade spice recipes. I pinned these.

9. paula says:

Great recipes . . these will start my list of “Recipes in a Jar” for Christmas 2013. Now, to go out and find some very small canning jars for them :)

10. danielle says:

I wanted to let you know that I featured this today in my “What I Bookmarked This Week” post – stop by and see.

11. BeColorful says:

People will be pinning these recipes for sure. Thanks for sharing them on BeColorful. As for 40 you are still a baby. I have a dozen years on you. :D
    hugs
    p

12. MomHomeGuide says:

Great post! I made chilli tonight and used a spice packet, but hopefully, next time, I won’t have to! BTW, I know about hitting 40-something and getting those aches and pains and tight pants! I just joined a gym, so with your healthy eating suggestions and working out, hopefully I will be fitter soon!

13. Chrissy Easter says:

How much do you use in a batch of Chili? Thank you

You know, I never measure because my batches always end up different sizes. I would start with 1/4 cup and add more as fits your taste.