Rustic Burlap Wreath

I am not the best wreath girl.

I love them, love to look at inspirational ideas, and see what other people create, but when I make them myself I am never quite satisfied.

My poor door has been boring and naked since Valentine's Day passed and I just had to do something about it.

Originally, I started making the little paper rosettes when my mom was visiting. We both rolled for 2 hours and then I decided there was no way I had the stamina to create an entire wreath of paper flowers. Here is my tute on how I make them.  I absolutely adore the look, but my attention span is not the best and judging by my above project it would have taken me another 10 hours to make enough for an entire wreath!

With that plan aborted, I looked around for some other rustic inspirations and came up with this. I used a twig wreath from Hobby Lobby and glued on all of the rosettes I had.

Then I used my burlap ribbon from Pick Your Plum and tied a little bow on the front and used it for the hanging ribbon.

Then I tied on a metal number 7, for no real reason other than it looked good.

I love these metal numbers...I used them here, and here, and here!

"7" means nothing to me really...is that weird? I just like to keep the neighbors guessing!

I am in the process of fixing up my front porch. It is small, but I am trying to make it more inviting. I think this will help me along nicely.

Tomorrow, I am sharing some burlap planters I made for out there and next week I will show you the finished project!

Comments

1. Wow, that is beautiful! I love the combination of the paper flowers with the branches in the wreath.

2. I love this, Kim! Well worth the effort of all those rolled roses. And I love the metal number!

3. Tori says:

wow! Super cute! I love that burlap ribbon.

4. Vanessa says:

That is soooo pretty Kim! It has to be one of my favorite rustic-y, burlap-y creations I have seen around blogland. Well done girl! :-)
    Vanessa

5. Maureen says:

Kim

I am loving the beautiful simplicity of this wreath! I need to go read your tutorial on making the flowers. I also received burlap sacks from a company (maybe the same one?) and am looking for ideas to post. This is so pretty, I might make one for myself (don’t worry I am not trying to steal your idea as my own, I promise!).

BTW, I loved the post you wrote about your Mom. It brought tears to my eyes and made me think about all my own mom has done for us. Thank you for sharing the story of your mom, even the loss of your brother, I am sure it was hard to write about and it was brave of you to do it!

Hugs,
    Maureen

Thanks so much Maureen. While it is difficult to think about and write about it is nice to reflect on our loved ones!

Feel FREE to steal any ideas you like…I consider it a compliment:)

6. the freckled minx says:

I love all the textures that you’ve incorporated. I think that all flowers might have been a bit boring anyway as your has different areas of interest. Love it…….B:)

7. Leah says:

I have been looking for ideas for a porch wreath and absolutely love this!! I love jute twine, things made with book pages and metal numbers too. Thanks so much for sharing your burlap ideas!

8. Brittany says:

Beautiful wreath! I love the combination of pages and burlap. Thanks for sharing!

9. JoAnn says:

Such a very pretty wreath!
    JoAnn
    sweetpepperrose.blogspot.com

10. Rebekah L. says:

What a lovely wreath! You did a fantastic job!

11. What a beautiful wreath! I love everything about it. Stopping by from the Weekend Wrap-up at Tater Tots and Jello. I am pinning your wreath!

12. Jessie says:

Beautiful! I just found some grape vines growing in my back yard and I literally jumped up and down because I could make a wreath out of them.. I love wreaths and yours is just gorgeous :)

13. Haley says:

This is so pretty! Love that burlap bow! Thanks so much for sharing!

14. vinnie says:

what happens to the paper flowers when it rains – do you waterproof the paper somehow?????

15. Jenny says:

I love this wreath! The flowers are beautiful and I love the subtle color. It’s so so pretty! FBing it!

16. molly says:

oh my goodness i LOVE this. and i love the random 7! hilarious and adorable at the same time!

17. Rachel Sue says:

This is gorgeous! I would love to feature this on Reduce, Reuse, Upcycle. Thanks!

18. Hello Kim,
    Nice Job! I love the look of your new wreath stylish and rustic. ;o)
    Smiles, Paula

19. Your wreath is beautiful. I love the paper roses but I don’t think I’d have the patience to do an entire wreath either. Can’t wait to see your porch makeover – I’m searching for inspiration for my own and for some to feature in a post on my blog.

20. I love this wreath! Thank you so much for sharing your creativity!

21. I love it! It looks great!

22. Lisa says:

I love this wreath! I may just have to copy it! I see you’re from Denver; me too. I’ve been linking up to your party and following. Come visit when you get a chance.
    Blessings,
    Lisa

23. Tanya says:

Beautiful wreath!! Amazing work with paper, love it :) I’m creating over at http://www.twelveoeight.blogspot.com/ and a new reader :) Tanya

24. Oh My! This is so gorgeous! I can definitely see this hanging on my front door :)

25. Kim, you should be more than pleased with this wreath. You should be ecstatic! I just adore it so much that I pinned it!

Linda

26. I am in LOVE with this wreath!! Book pages and burlap are two of my most favorite things :)

I featured this on my blog today:

And I pinned it too:

27. Katie R. says:

Love it!!! So cute and pretty :) And I love the whole part about keeping the neighbors guessing…my kind of gal :)

28. Wow, that is gorgeous!! I love the book page flowers and burlap combo!

29. Rebecca says:

How cute! I really want to make this for the fall! I’m just afraid my flowers won’t come out as perfect as yours. But I’m willing to give it a try ;)

1. [...] Burlap Wreath @ Too Much Time Branch Ladder DIY @ Ashbee [...]

2. [...] I am way over-due with my spring wreath – and I am so in love with this one from Too Much Time on my Hands: [...]

3. [...] DIY Rustic Burlap Wreath [...]

4. [...] Much Time On My Hands caught my eye. It had all the flowers made from paper book pages, genius! Click Here to see the step by step instructions I [...]

5. […] beautiful rustic burlap wreath (via too-much-time) […]

6. […] I have been looking everywhere for the perfect "everyday" wreath for my front door and I think I just found it.  I love this Rustic Burlap Wreath from Too Much Time! […]