A few weeks ago I did a Main Ingredient Monday post about projects to do with book pages.
This one really jumped out at me
and I decided to use it and create my own version.
I had a devil of a time getting the silhouettes printed. I used spray adhesive and attached the book pages to copy paper and guess what?
I got that darn sticky adhesive all over the copy paper, thought it was no biggie, threw it in my printer and proceeded to jam it and sort of break it....UGH!!!!!
My printer kinda works ...I just have to jam and finagle the paper into the slot and even then it still sometimes won't really feed. But who cares, right? I have all the time in the world to sit next to it while it prints and load and feed sheets through one at a time...
OK-Back to our regular scheduled programming.....
I cut up a piece of wood lingering in our garage (from the "cheapie" scrap pile at Home Depot) I sanded the boards, painted them black and then "Hamptons" blue from the new Kensington line at Ace. Which is the most gorgeous and lovely blue in the UNIVERSE!
Then I roughed the boards up with sandpaper and Mod Podged the book pages to my boards.
Oh, yeah, I used an old Shakespere book for my prints. The pages are all yellowed and red around the edges...just lovely!
I drilled holes through the tops and attached some wide black ribbon for hanging. And I am loving the little guys! EVEN though the tore my printer to shreds....
MORAL OF THE STORY:
Don't let any spray adhesive bits anywhere near the innards of your printer