Entry Solutions

Last week I refinished this fab table to help contain the insanity that is my entryway, but there was still the issue of all that mish mash mess under the table.

I found this at the thrift store

and turned it into this!

She is a bit beat up, but she is big and I really like her better gray with my little stencil on the front.

I spray painted the entire thing gray and then lightly taped the stencil on and spray painted that with an off white.

I moved the small baskets under the bench in the adjoining living room, so we can still use those for storage too!

Loving that I no longer have to see that mess every time I walk through!

Comments

1. I have thought about painting baskets, but never tried it. Seems like it would be a pain to get in all the little nooks & crannies. How was the painting process – fairly easy? I love the stenciling that you added also – very nice touch!

Ha Ha-I thought I would be SOOO slick and paint with a dry brush technique, but it looked ridiculous. So I went for the spray paint and that actually was easy. I did one coat right side up and the second right side down and I seem to have gotten it all:)

2. I love this! Yeah, gotta find ways to make everyday living out of sight, but easy to get to as well. The aged look makes it even better.

3. Shirley says:

I really looks great. Thanks for the post.

4. Shirley says:

Do you think you wil have a problem with setting the basket in front of the register? I love how it looks, and thanks for the post.

5. Lezlee Cheek says:

Love your big basket trunk solution…the entry way is very inviting.

6. Catherine says:

Umm… that looks amazing. I’m not sure what you would say about my entry/ mudroom right now, but your insanity shot is mine on a very, very good day. Where did you find that basket….?

Have a great week. Thanks for hosting yesterday, too. I was away and didn’t link up until tonight.

Catherine

7. Tam says:

Turned out great!

8. Vanessa says:

Ah! I can’t believe this Kim because I have had my eye out for something similar that I could paint for my entry and I’m wanting to do the exact same color. LOL! You beat me to it and it looks totally fantastic my friend! :-)
    Vanessa

9. Shiloh says:

I love the idea of a big basket like that in your entry way. The lid to cover up any messes is perfect.:) Your grey fits really well, also.

10. Candy says:

I just found you over at Gina’s Transformation Thursday and thought I’d come take a peek. I’ve enjoyed your blog so that I’ve just become your newest follower. Please come visit and hopefully follow back at PICKINandPAINTIN.blogspot.com. THANKS. 8-)

11. Jessi says:

oooohhhh…I really, really love this! The touch of stenciling at the bottom corner gives it character. And I love the gray color you chose!

12. Julie says:

It turned out great! What a good find.