A Colorful Pallet Sign

As usual, I have a couple of pallets in my garage. I begged my husband to pry off the boards so I could make a little sign. I could probably do it myself, but jeeze he needs some reminders that he really is needed around here, right?

Last week my 3 year old yelled at him when he picked up a screwdriver, "NO, Daddy! That Mommy's tools!"- I guess we know who the handy one is around here:)

I cut a few boards and made them all different lengths.

I weathered the paint to make it look nice and old and then

I printed off my sayings in cool fonts and used carbon to transfer the lettering.

Get hundreds of awesome fonts here at DaFont.

I attached them together using some scrap wood. I also like how these make the sign stand away from the wall.

Then I hung it with these eye hooks and some jute. I decided I didn't like how the jut looked and switched it out with some small chain and it is no longer visible.

It is so fun and I love the colors!

I actually moved it into my kitchen and it has really brightened up the wall above our kitchen table.

Comments

1. Tam says:

Like the color you added – makes them really stand out and say “read me”

2. Bec says:

Super cute, Kim!
    I love anything that starts with pallets! ;-)
    ~Bec

3. Shirley says:

My son is bringing me some pallets and I can’t wait to do something with them. I love your blog.

4. absolutely lovely – great great colors and the mix of finishes is awesome!

5. Outstanding! I love the contrasting colors and fonts.

6. Janie says:

Love that! Leaving work in a few and am picking up some pallets advertised in Craigslist, hope they’re still there!
    I hate asking over and over again. My hubby is retired (6 yrs) and it is endless. He nevers hears………no listens and even if I leave a little list, you know he’s not going to look at that!

HaHa! I feel your pain! I just scour the back garage area of Lowes, Home Depot, and my neighborhood Ace. I ALWAYS find some and just ask and 99% of the time they let you take ‘em. Good luck

7. Alese says:

I love this sign! I blog over at http://www.2crafty4myskirt.blogspot.com. I would really love to feature you and this project on my Feature You Friday. If you are interested email me at toocraftyformyskirt@hotmail.com

8. That is so cool! I’m loving each layer as it’s own individual sign too. I think I saw an old pallet down at my FIL’s farm, I might have to go save it now. :)

9. Love the sign! Great colours, love the uneven ends, great family words! Found your blog via Gina’s!
    Shannon
    (www.akadesign.ca)

10. I love these! How sweet, colorful, and of course, love pallets!

Leanne

11. Kate says:

Very cool, looks great!!

12. This is awesome! With all the pallet art out there, I haven’t seen one at all like this! LOVE the colors!!!

13. karen Weight says:

So cute! I love the different fonts and the colors you painted the pallets are perfect!

14. This is amazing! I love the colors!!! I have a pallet in my garage too that I can’t decide what to do with….too many options! But I am definitely pinning this for inspiration! I would love for you to link this up at Fantabulous Friday going on now.

Hope to see you there!

15. That turned out so great … I love it! The colors and the distressing are so fun!

16. Maggie says:

I am loving this sign! Can I ask what font did you use for the “Hugs & Kisses”? – Maggie

17. Maggie says:

TY :)

18. This is awesome! I’m going to feature you on Sunday!

19. Karen says:

I am so in love with this and am adding this to my list of thing to try! Thank you so much for sharing, featuring at my party which will go up later this afternoon. -K

20. Maureen says:

Hey there, this is my first time here and I love your pallet sign! I found you through Keeping It Simple and now have another great blog to follow! Thanks for sharing this project with us, really beautiful.

1. [...] know I am a lover of anything made from junky old Pallets, and Kim from Too Much Time is a master at  making something amazing from them.  Love this [...]

2. [...] Too Much Time shared this amazing Colorful Pallet Sign! I am slightly obsessed with it! [...]