Next, I turned the fabric upside down and laid each drawer front on top of it.
I traced each and then cut out, then trimmed, and trimmed again.
I had to use my tiny drill bit and drill holes to get the hardware screws through that thick fabric. I got all the handles back on and when I put the drawers in each opening I realized I had to trim and sand again. Apparently all those coats of paint, DecouPage, and polyurethane added about a half inch and just enough to prevent the drawers from opening and closing smoothly.
However, all the hard work was totally worth it, because this piece is SO frreakin cool!
Check out that fun blue poppin out when the drawer is opened
And I just adore the pulls!
This turned out so nicely, I might give the fab
ric finish another try.
I would love for you to follow along! Subscribe via e-mail or rss feed in a reader. I also post on Twitter and Facebook almost every day. And did I mention my Pinterest addiction....