Snow, conferences (most of my friends are teachers), meetings, and sick kids got in the way. But, that didn't stop me. No sir. I saved about a bajillion glass bottles and jars and I was determined to do something with them!
I spray painted the jars (spaghetti sauce, olives, and olive oil) with about 17 coats of ivory paint before I had the realization that pouring paint inside and swirling it around would have been WAY easier...duh. After they dried I wrapped some thin jute around them. Super easy and really nice, as long as the Barilla label is hidden!
This little votive holder looks so nice at night when the candle is lit.
I used a 2 inch scalloped punch and cut lots of circles from white tissue paper. I mod podged them all over the outside of the jar. Then I wrapped my thin jute around the top and finished it with a simple button. Don't mind the oozy glue that seeped through the button holes.
I saw this technique decorating a candle, and thought I would give it a try with a jar.
I wrapped 2 book pages around the jar, then added lots of sisal. I made a few small paper rosettes and attached them to the front. I haven't put anything in it, but I am thinking maybe sand and a candle. I will be heading out to the kids sandbox as soon as it thaws out!
This one is on my shelf above my bed.
I cut strips of burlap and mod podged them to the jar. This was messy and icky, but the end result is great. I wrapped my trusty jute around the rim and made a little burlap flower to finish it.
My new sugar container
I painted labels with 2 coats of chalkboard paint. Then I placed it on the (Yankee Candle) jar and hot glued a jute border around it.
And my little collection of rusty keys found a home in an old horseradish jar. They sit on the shelf by my front entry.
The next craft night is scheduled for April, hopefully, someone shows up!